Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse
Location: Lawton, OK 73507, USA
Contract: 1 Year
Client Name: Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs/ODVA/Human Resources
Job ID: 23-00585
Shift timings: 6:30 PM – 7:00 AM & 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM
- Provide nursing services, within the defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
- Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection.
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects.
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care.
- Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy.
- Monitor patients’ progress, evaluate the effectiveness of nursing interventions and consult with appropriate members of healthcare team.
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing the patients’ operative areas.
- Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons.
- Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments.
- Licensed Practical License From the State of MO.
- Current CPR or BLS.
- Covid Vaccination.